Well, my ‘Fotherington-Tomas’ like mood ( https://sistasertraline.wordpress.com/2013/07/14/when-life-gives-you-ginger/ ) didn’t last long; around 24 hours to be exact, and it then disappeared as mysteriously as it arrived, leaving me in a dubiously OK’ish mood, but hoping to maintain the serenity that came with it.
Today, I went to the largely empty park, settled under a nice big oak, lay down and stared up to the sky as the sunlight suffused the tree tops with golden, verdant light.
Five minutes in, a couple and their kids parked their arses 3 feet behind me, presumably to enjoy the shade of my tree. One of about 300 trees in the entire estate might I add, but mine was the only one that would do. Apparently.
‘But still’, I thought to myself as their toddler stared open mouthed at my prone form as if I was a roadkill badger, ‘OM and all that. Live and let live.’
Then, to add insult to injury, the guy got some paperwork out of his briefcase (briefcase?! It’s a fucking park for Christsakes!) and started to read some kind of legal documentation out loud to his wife in a highly punch-inducing, nasal monotone.
‘…..the title includes any legal easements….subject to a deed of…..any provision to the contrary…..covenants…schedule….blah, blah….’
This went on for around 10 minutes before I snatched the contract out of his hand, tore it apart with my teeth, threw the briefcase in the paddling pool and stalked off to select another tree to settle under.
Actually I just stalked off, lucky for him I was on a post bliss day.
Talk about a buzz kill. Why didn’t he go for the hat trick, and just drop his polyester machine wash suit trousers, get his winky out, piss in my diet Sprite and be done with it?
Then I remembered that the lovely, courageous Bloggerita7 from Heart to web had nominated me for the Liebster Award, and this was enough to chase my inner Molesworth away. For an hour or so anyway 😉
OK, OK, I’ll get to the point!
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. (Ta luv xx)
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees. (11!!)
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
So, the questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
1) Write down one of the happiest moments of your life that first comes to your mind. – Lying on a damp bed post coitus with boyfriend of the time facing a wide open window watching a tropical thunderstorm rage. ‘Twas powerful.
2) Write down one of the saddest or toughest moments of your life that first comes to your mind. – When my young nephew had a heart attack, fell into a coma and died six months later of cancer. Some things you can never totally come to terms with.
3) Do you love animals and would you keep pets? – To say I love animals would be an understatement. I would have a houseful of ’em if I could.
4) What is the man/woman of your dreams like if you are single and if not what do you like best about your partner? – My ideal man would be strong, gentle, humane, ethical, funny, childish, mature, passionate, masculine, athletic, love animals and make a stonking cup of tea. Oh and not snore or fart. Otherwise the corks, clothes pegs and knitting needles come out….
5) Do you think all people can find love in their lifetime? – I’d like to say yes, but in my heart I don’t believe so. Then again, I would say that, I’m a depressive and we’re not the most optimistic of folk….
6) What is your one aim or ambition for the next ten years? – To figure out WTF I’m doing here
7) What is your favorite cuisine? – Too many to choose from, but probably Modern British
8)What is your dream house like? – A mill in the countryside, a lighthouse on a beach, or this place:
9) What are your talents? – Um, mainly creative stuff
10) Do you sing or dance or both? – I dance and have sung in a choir, badly albeit.
11) Do you believe it is okay to hold on to the child in you? – It’s imperative, life is far too boring otherwise
8) My Gay Mom
10) Chatty Owl
1. Do you think you are capable of killing another human being?
2. City, country or coast?
3. If you found £50/$50 inside a store, would you hand it in?
4. Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerrys?
5. Have you ever spent money on calling into a reality TV show, which one and why?
6. When was the last time you lost your temper and why?
7. What have you done in your life that you are most proud of?
8. Have you ever had sex when you really didn’t want to?
9. What is better, being ‘nice’ or being honest?
10. Do you believe in God?
11. What would be your epitaph?
Incidentally I don’t care if you don’t do awards, don’t want to pass it on or have the badge on your website; this has taken me 90 MINUTES to do, and I’m asking you these questions because I’m INTERESTED in your opinions, so answer the damn questions *biatches, OK?!
* meant in a ‘caring’ way.