First of all, thank you Daily Prompt for giving me the impetus to write something as I haven’t been out for about four days and nights, and was seriously thinking about how I could cease to be with the least amount of pain and inconvenience to everyone else until now.
FYI there isn’t a way; I’ve checked.
The sun is shining in Londinium today, and whilst that doesn’t mean shit to me, I’m going to make myself go out. Partly because I don’t want to let down Aunty C (my wonderful counsellor who interrupted her holiday to call and drag me out of the mire) and partly because I’ve run out of milk, and if I have to stay on this shithouse of a planet, life without a brew would be totally and utterly intolerable.
In a similar way to ‘Steve Says’ (No. 10 on the list below) I’ve utilised one of those music challenge things usually found on My Space and Facebook to list my choices.
This is a version of ‘My Life According to (BAND NAME) where you have to select one of said bands songs from their back catalogue to answer the below questions. In this instance, I’ve needed to have free rein in order to let you know how I really feel today.
You may find think this sounds like a seriously fucking miserable post, but it won’t entirely piss all over your Sunday Yorkshires as not all of these tracks are ‘Pity Party’ fodder, plus I can guarantee that all of them are TOP NOTCH.
Enjoy. I’m going to venture outside to get some cow juice. Wish me luck….
MY LIFE ACCORDING TO MY RECORD COLLECTION
Are you a male or female:
I’m a Long Time Woman – Pam Grier
Ball of Confusion – Temptations
How do you feel?
Dead from the Waist Down – Catatonia
Describe where you currently live:
Home is Where the Hatred is – Gil Scott-Heron
If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
Another Star – Stevie Wonder
Your favourite form of transportation?
Running Up That Hill – Kate Bush
Your best friend is?
Queen Bitch – Bowie
Your favourite colour is?
Almost Blue – Chet Baker
What’s the weather like?
Smokestack Lightning – Howlin‘ Wolf
Favourite time of day?
In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning – Frank Sinatra
If your life was a TV show, what would it be called?
Highways of my Life – The Isley Brothers
What is life to you?
I Dreamed A Dream – Anne Hathaway
Alone Again Or – Calexico
Helpless – Kim Weston
What is the best advice you have to give?
Shower the People – James Taylor
If you could change your name, you would change it to:
Talullah – Jamiroquai
Thought for the day?
Hold On – Alabama Shakes
Your soul’s present condition?
Hurt – Johnny Cash
Whatever Gets You Through the Night – John Lennon
That’s all folks….
P.S. My lovely and much appreciated existing followers, there’s no need to sympathise or comment as there’s just nothing you can say or advise, it just IS THE WAY THAT IT IS. Praying optional though x
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Nine tracks of “Das Boot” album by U96 | Philosophic Notes of Alexey Markovich
- The Bell | Village & Countryside Tourism
- If you love to walk | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Daily Prompt: Mix Tape Masterpiece 6.10 | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Daily Prompt: Silence Is Full Of Music… | Ese’ s Voice
- Music You Can Grow Into. | The Ambitious Drifter
- Daily Prompt: MIxed Tape Masterpiece – Music | Charles Ray’s Ramblings
- 23 About Me | Daily Prompt: Mix Tape Masterpiece | likereadingontrains
- Mix Tape Masterpiece | geekergosum
- Daily Prompt: Mix Tape Masterpiece | Steve Says….
- Daily Prompt: Mix Tape Masterpiece – ANIMUSIC RESONANT CHAMBER | SERENDIPITY
- Mix Tape: Daily Prompt | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- La la la. | Crossroads
- My life explained with Beatles’ songs | Neva Samaki
- Mix Tape Masterpiece « RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: Mix Tape Masterpiece | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Who Are You Girl? | Prayers and Promises
- My 8 Track | My Days In A Song
- Boat Punk Mash-Up | The Life NomadikThe Life Nomadik
- “Mix Tape Masterpiece” | Relax
- If My Life Was A Mixtape | ASHINGTON POST
- 191. Top 20 Playlist…don’t mock me | Barely Right of Center