Let’s get one thing straight here before we go any further.
I do NOT feel optimistic today. Quite the contrary. I feel like an old, desiccated, pallid piece of dog shit, but time is running out, as is money, and these cats ain’t gonna feed themselves, and this roof ain’t gonna stay over my head unless I pay ‘the man’ so I must get back on this ole Gratitude horse, and hope it moves me forward out of the fetid, stinking hell hole I find myself in at this moment in time.
Today I am (or should be/trying to be) thankful for the following things that occurred in June 2014:
- My one day of work (albeit unpaid) as a TV audience member with a new friend Bonnie
- My day out at a (free) museum with Goatee Man
- My lovely afternoon tea with my traveller friend from NZ
- My evening touching base with two girls I met on holiday years ago
- Someone I hugely admire favouriting my tweet to them on Twitter
- My now pending long weekend by the sea with my sister (hurray!)
- My cats, especially as my friends cat is about to be put down and he is heartbroken
- Aunty C and her not losing patience or giving up on my shit after all these years
- You lot, and your support, comments and hugely talented writing. Love you all x
- These remarkable images I’ve just found, courtesy of Toby Allen on cargo collective.com, whose depiction of BPD you can see at the head of this blog, which is deceptively pretty, but that’s only because the little fucker has sheathed it’s claws, hidden it’s teeth and then posed for it’s ‘selfie’. The bastard.
There! I’m trying, hey?
So fuck off sweaty, heady, humid dog days and bring on the horses!