I logged into my account for the first time in 2014 and imagine my surprise when I discovered that I was nominated for another Sunshine Award by the lovely Jenifer from the most engaging Busted Flip Flops.
I can only imagine that this is wishful thinking and she hopes that I might cheer the fuck up already, but if anything I have written has made her smile, then I’m extremely chuffed as she pretty much emanates positivity herself and I could learn a lot from her.
If I had a different head/life/karma that is 😉
OK, so in accepting this award, I must follow a few rules. The first is to list 11 random facts about myself. As if you don’t know too much already.…
1) I haven’t had sex for three years and am completely dead from the waist down. Whatdaya mean, that’s not very sunny?!
2) I see dead people. As in ghosts, not in a mortuary. That would be weird.
3) Keanu Reeves perved at my boobs and grinned at me once. I was absurdly flattered and went rather giddy for about an hour! Sorry Jen 😉 believe me it was a LONG time ago….
4) I love the smell of fireworks and struck matches.
5) I walked out of my job (OK I was sacked) in 2012 and haven’t worked since.
6) I am, by all accounts Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD by any other name) and am awaiting group therapy. That should be a laugh.
7) I’m a pretty darn good cook which is just as well as I am a die hard feeder so people don’t tend to mind too much.
8) Hair has inexplicably started to grow out of my nose, and I now have to trim it. Only goes to prove that God must be a man the perverse, sadistic git.
9) I’m a bit of a poet and I didn’t know it! Until I started writing this blog that is. 🙂
10) I think marijuana should be legalised, then I could buy some without risking arrest/a panic attack.
11) I used to be very, very intimidating according to one of my friends. I am so going to slap her silly when I see her next. 🙂
Now another rule I must follow is to answer 11 QUESTIONS:
What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning? Yell out in pain and shove one of the cats off my boobs.
What is your greatest fear? That my life on this earth has been for nothing.
Do you have a new years resolution for 2014? Yes, some of them are in here https://sistasertraline.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/fearless/
What is your favorite song at the moment? ‘Diane Young’ by Vampire Weekend
What is your favorite childhood memory? In all fairness, I don’t have many, but remember getting a nurses outfit for Christmas when I was very small?
Facebook or Twitter? I tweet a bit under this pseudo name, but waste more time on Facebook. Trying to cut down.
What did the last text message you received say? Was from a friend saying he could come out for my birthday 🙂
What bugs you the most? EVERYTHING! Sorry again Jen, but I’m HSP so a natural whinging pom as the Aussies would say. I’m a lot better nowadays thought so I’ll narrow it down to a few. Mainly aggression, bullies, people taking liberties and bad manners. Oh and littering. I once picked up a burger that a tourist just dropped in the street, ran after him and asked him sweetly to stop littering MY city and find a bin, whilst squishing it back into his big, sweaty, startled mitt. It goes without saying that this was before I was on medication….
What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house? My log fire. I do not like being cold.
If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be? ‘Female of the Species’ by Space http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1NBpVKWh_c to remind me of when I was once one formidable biatch 😉
What’s your favorite movie quote? “Anyone check you for a heartbeat recently?” – The Last Seduction. Also “Monty, you terrible ****!” from Withnail and I still makes me laugh out loud. And who doesn’t love ‘We are the knights who say….”Ni!”‘ from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Now I am to nominate 11 bloggers I would like to give the Sunshine Award, and they are as follows:
People I know these things take ages to do, but if nothing else, I wanna know your opinions!
Thanks again Jenifer!